From time to time, house owners start thinking on how to take care of their lawn which is an important component of the landscape design. A good-looking lawn can truly change the atmosphere around your house and make things even more lovely. Cleaning the backyard and cutting the grass is especially relevant before constructing the garage as well. As you can see, it is much easier to plan where the new building will go, when the surface is clean. By the way, you can check our article on calculating garage size!
The best solution for your overgrown lawn is buying a lawnmower. However, making the right choice with all the variety of models and brands is not easy. The rational way of choosing the lawn mower is considering its technical and functional characteristics and comparing them to features of your lawn. Is it a bigger one? Is the grass too high? Is there a network connection? You should learn everything about your lot first and then check your options.
But don’t worry: we can help you with choosing your lawnmower. In our review, we name the top 10 lawn mowing tools that will make any garage owner happy.
1. Greenworks 20-Inch 12 Amp Corded Lawn Mower 25022
The first lawnmower in our top-10 list is this great item made by Greenworks. The Greenworks produces several types of lawn mowers: electric and battery-operated, motorized and non-self-propelled ones. They are all high-quality and suit different needs and budgets.
The item that we have got in our list, a corded lawnmower with serial number 25022, has powerful 12-amp motor and additional operating modes: mulching, side discharge, and rear bag. With a 7-position height adjustment, you can cut the grass of all types from 1 to almost 4 inches long. Thanks to the foldable handles, you will be able to place this lawnmower compactly in the storage.
Now, let’s see the benefits of this electric model by Greenworks.
- First of all, it is easy to manage and also unpretentious in care.
- Maneuverability and light-weightiness will allow you to cut lawns on the slopes and move in any direction.
- The reliable and shock-resistant plastic case will help you avoid damaging and breaking your lawnmower.
- Finally, environmental friendliness prevents any pollution of the environment, including noise pollution, as the lawnmowers from Greenworks are not noisy and will not disturb your neighbors.
However, there are a few disadvantages to Greenworks‘ electric lawn mowers as well.
- There’s a constant need for a power supply network connection.
- Non-self-propelled items are quite uncomfortable to manage.
The Greenworks’ brand owner is the international group of companies that is called Globe Tools Group. Their main office is located in Charlotte, North Carolina. Production sites and representative offices are located in Germany, Russia, the USA, China, and Canada.
Al in all, we suggest you pay closer attention to this machine as it would truly be a good purchase to equip your garage.
2. American Lawn Mower Company 1204-14 14-Inch 4-Blade Push Reel Lawn Mower
The lawnmower that takes the 2nd place in our list is a unit by American Lawn Mower Company with a serial number 1204-14. When it comes to this company’s lawnmowers, they all can be characterized as high-quality, durable and comfortable in use. The lawnmower offered above is exactly the item that any homeowner would like to have in their garage. Let’s see why it is so good!
- The lawnmower is equipped with a high-quality 14-inch hand reel.
- It is operated manually, which helps with high accuracy and maneuverability when mowing the lawn grass. According to manufacturers, this lawnmower is best to deal with grass types that are most characteristic for cold climates: for example, bluegrass, fescue, and rye.
- While the width of the cut is 14 inches, the cut height varies from 1/2 to 1-1/2 inches.
- Strong and durable polymer wheels will provide you with additional safety and prevent from damaging the lawn mower.
However, it should be noted that:
- The manual operation of this lawnmower requires your physical effort which makes it quite a workout.
- There is no discharge bag, and you won’t be able to get rid of the grass you’ve just mowed.
American Lawn Mower Company started its business about 120 years ago and began producing lawnmowers from the first day. Among the American citizens, they are widely known for their high-spirit patriotic advertisements. Indeed, American Lawn Mower Company has survived many industrial revolutions in the span of 120 years, partially helping the American technical progress evolve and prosper.
3. BLACK+DECKER BESTA512CM 12″ 3in1 Compact Electric Lawn Mower
Black&Decker is a North American electric tool brand with a historic homeland in Maryland. Black&Decker offers non-self-propelled electric lawn mowers. One of the Black&Decker lawnmowers, BESTA is truly a nice equipment unit for your garage: although it has got some disadvantages, the manufacturers are constantly working and improving on them.
So, why exactly is this machine so great?
- Its adjustable handle provides you with maximum comfort and control as you take care of your lawn.
- The lawnmower is very lightweight and easy to move around.
- This model has 3 modes of operation (mowing, trimming, edging) that will help you with making the surroundings look exactly how you want.
Still, we should warn you regarding the following:
- Although this machine is quite easy to maintain, the main disadvantage is the “tail” of the electric cable: it wiggles behind it and can get in between the blades. However, the engineers of the company tried to eliminate this disadvantage by inventing a system that prevents the cable from entangling or getting under the blades.
- Another downside of this lawnmower is a low-powered motor with a power level of only 6 amp.
- Unfortunately, the mulching function is not provided in Black & Decker lawnmowers. However, it doesn’t dismiss any of the advantages that we have named above.
Black&Decker was founded in 1910 by two engineers: Alonzo Decker and Duncan Black. During the first seven years of its business, the company was producing electric drills. In 1922, the success of the company was reinforced with expanding to Canada. It appeared on the European market in 1925 and has been operating internationally and showing great results ever since.
4. Sun Joe MJ401E Mow Joe 14-Inch 12 Amp Electric Lawn Mower With Grass Bag
The company Sun Joe was founded in 2004 and specializes in the development of innovative home and garden tools. Nowadays, it is one of the most affordable brands that also creates high-quality items.
For example, you might want to have a look at this electric lawn mower by Sun Joe with serial number MJ401E. These are the reasons why you might want to buy this machine:
- It is equipped with a grass-catching function, so it won’t get messy. A detachable grass catcher bag allows you to remove the mowed grass with no effort at all.
- Its rear wheel is 5.5 inches wide, and grass cutting height can be adjusted to 2-2/5 inches.
- The relatively low price and a powerful 12-amp engine of this model make it a perfect choice for those who are eager to make their backyard look great in a short period of time.
- In addition, the cord extends up to 100 feet which adds to your maneuvers.
- Thanks to its compact and ergonomic design, this Sun Joe lawnmower will fit perfectly in your garage and leave a lot of free space as well.
The only disadvantage here isn’t really that bad: the looks of such machine don’t scream luxury. Time to start nitpicking, isn’t it? Still, it is still a nice lawnmower and a good investment overall.
5. GreenWorks 16-Inch 10 Amp Corded Lawn Mower 25142
Another great model made by Greenworks is this 10-Amp lawnmower that is able to cut even through thick grass. It is slightly less powerful than the lawnmower that has taken the 1st place in our rank. However, it is still highly praised by those who have purchased it.
So, what are the major ups and downs for this particular model?
- A 16-inch cutting deck provides you with the fast and efficient grass cutting.
- You can take care of your lawn easily and complete all the garden works in a day!
- Steady and durable wheels help you with moving around uneven surfaces.
- Height adjustment works perfectly with all types of grass. You can adjust your cut from 5/8-inch to 2-5/8-inch and make your garden or backyard exactly how you like.
Nevertheless, you might feel like it gives up to other machines on the market as there are only 2 main operating functions: mulching and rare discharge, with no side discharge included.
Despite the lack of additional operation mode, it is needless to say: Greenworks’ lawnmowers are a true example of high-quality products. You will always be satisfied with having them in your garage.
6. EGO Power+ 20-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Lawn Mower
With the development of battery production, petrol-operated lawnmowers are no longer considered to be the only option for maintaining lawns. Having released a new line of battery equipment, EGO Power+ revolutionized the market, proving excellent efficiency and autonomy of its battery-operated lawnmowers.
To understand why EGO lawnmowers are so revolutionary, you need to pay attention to its battery life. This is the main indicator in the operation of any battery technology. Let’s have a closer look for a deep understanding of how things work:
- Previously, cordless lawn mowers could boast a maximum of 40 minutes of continuous operation. This time may not be enough to handle a standard lot.
- EGO has equipped its lawn mower with the latest battery which provides up to 2 hours of running time! This is enough to take care of the area of 12 acres without hurry.
- By the way, the electric motor of this lawnmower allows you to mow and mulch even the tall grass. The noise levels have dropped significantly as well.
Nevertheless, they might take up too much space in your garage, so you better be careful: first, check if you have enough room for such purchase!
Considering all that was said above, the EGO Power+ rechargeable lawnmower can be considered a worthy competitor to a gasoline machine. If we take into account that there’s no harmful pollution and it is quieter than any average lawnmower, the EGO machines start looking in an even more favorable way!
7. Sun Joe MJ403E Mow Joe 17-Inch 13-Amp Electric Lawn Mower/Mulcher
Thanks to its model MJ401E that ranked 4th in our list of the best lawnmowers for your garage, you’ve already got close enough with Sun Joe company and learned that it truly does manufacture great products. Although Sun Joe’s lawnmowers look a little more primitive and sometimes even ill-designed, they are still highly affordable. Actually, the difference between the last Ego Power+ lawnmower and this Sun Joe’s gear is almost $150!
So, let’s dive deeper into details and see why you might want to opt for this mulcher:
- Operating this machine is comfortable and easy. The maintenance is free; thus, you don’t need to purchase oil or gas to take care of your lawn.
- 7-position height control lets you make your cut deeper or, on the contrary, leave more grass in the garden.
- With a mulching function, you will get rid of tall bushes in no time.
Still, there’s no side discharge and/or rear bag, and it isn’t particularly a luxurious item that you’ll be happy to show off to your neighbors. Does it matter though? If you think on equipping your garage with a budget-friendly and highly efficient lawnmower, this 13-Amp-motor mulcher is your safest option.
8. Greenworks PRO 21-Inch 80V Cordless Lawn Mower GLM801600
This is the 3rd time for Greenworks to have made it to our list of top 10 best lawnmowers. Well, what else can we do with the fact that they truly make excellent products!
This time, we are looking at the cordless electric model that is quite significant in its features:
- GLM801600 is able to run for 60 minutes without being charged. As for cordless lawnmowers, this is a good result, but this might not be the best decision for owners of bigger sites.
- This tool’s lifetime has also expanded drastically as Greenworks installed a brushless motor that provides you with more durability and fewer breakings.
- Another innovative technology of Smart-Cut affects the grass cutting quality in a positive way.
- Finally, the convenient functions of mulching, side discharging and rear bag make it an efficient 3-in-1 tool that you’ll be eager to have in your garage – if you have enough room for that, of course.
Are you afraid of its sizes and short period of operation? Then, you better check if you like the manual mowing machines. Just a friendly reminder: if you want to save up some budget, it won’t get better than that.
9. Remington RM210 Pathfinder 159cc 21-Inch FWD Self-Propelled Mower
Remington Power Tools is another powerhouse in our list of the best lawnmowers. In general, Remington products are designed to solve any problem that confronts you in the yard. Purchasing your lawnmower at Remington, you’ll get an efficient and durable machine that is able to make your lawn look perfect.
If you are looking for a nice lawnmower to equip your garage, consider checking the RM210 Pathfinder model:
- It is powerful enough to cut even through the toughest grass.
- A steel deck is rust-resistant and thus durable.
- Again, adjusting heights of both the grip and the cut helps you increase your comfort and control your backyard’s looks.
- There is a mulching function in this machine apart from the mowing one.
There’s still no side discharge and it’s quite big in size, so you might want to rethink your decision before making your final move. Do you want an extra challenge when working with such a machine? Is self-propelled mower the right choice for you? Regardless of your answers, keep in mind that this is truly a great tool suitable for those homeowners who want their lawn to look tip-top perfect.
The history of Remington Power Tools company began in 1921 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, where the founder Arthur Mall established production of power tools. After that, his drills and saws were widely recognized for their good quality. Since then, the company continued its development and world expansion and, in the post-war period, entered the international market.
10. Earthwise 50518 18-Inch Corded Electric Lawn Mower
The last machine in our list of the best 10 lawnmowers for your garage is this model made by Earthwise. Again, this is a trademark created by American Lawn Mower Company. As you can see, our list is full of the most famous and competitive representatives of the electric tools market.
Earthwise machines are created mostly for larger lawns. If you have a big lot, we can only suggest you buy this tool by American Lawn Mower Company. The list of this machine’s advantages is quite impressive. Just have a look!
- The powerful 12-amp motor provides enough power to handle all types of grass. Besides, this is a highly efficient engine that is capable of the same result as gas engines.
- By purchasing this lawnmower made by Earthwise, you get an 18-inch cutting width and a height adjustment from 1.75 to 4 inches.
- Large wheels have excellent maneuverability and move effortlessly around the uneven surface.
- Let’s not forget about the 2-in-1 functions: side discharge and mulching.
- The convenient V-shaped handle with a soft grip provides you with maximum comfort when in use.
- You can store a lawnmower in the garage as it is very compact and thin, with foldable handles.
- The cord is held securely during use thanks to the cord retention hook.
All in all, this model is very lightweight and easy to operate, and the manufacturers tried to solve and improve any possible disadvantage. This lawnmower truly appears to be the most well-balanced machine in our list. That’s why we highly recommend you make this purchase.
When thinking on purchasing a lawn mower, remember that choosing the most powerful motor or efficient model is unnecessary. Power is only relevant for larger areas and difficult terrains. The diameter of the wheels is much more important: the bigger it is, the easier it is to move the tool around. A wider wheel doesn’t trample the grass as bad as a thinner one. Finally, with some big wheels, maneuvering around will cause no inconvenience or problems at all.
In conclusion, we can say that the best lawn mower is the one that fits specifically for your site and suits both your personal needs and financial capabilities. Of course, it is extra convenient to have the possibility of storing the lawnmower in your garage. However, if there isn’t too much space, your options might be limited. Pay special attention to the machine’s sizes and check if you have enough room for all the equipment you want to fit in there!
By the way, if you’re looking for ideas on equipping your garage, check our next article. Thank you for reading!